Kids in Service was created to inspire families to serve their communities together. We share service project ideas, book recommendations and stories of Incredible Kids serving their communities. Please sign up for our monthly newsletter to keep up to date with all that we have going on each month on the site. You can also visit us on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
New This Month
“Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire; it is the time for home.” -Edith Sitwell
- New Year and Family Goal Setting
- New Year Family Interviews
- Christmas Card Recycling Project
- Christmas Jars (now is the time to start them for next Christmas)
- What is Hygge?
- Creating a Hygge Home
- Scheduling Hygge Time
- Service Projects for Hygge
- Hygge All Year Long
- Books for Hygge–Our monthly book list is filled with cozy titles for kids ages 0-12.
- Project Linus–A cozy service project for cold winter days.
- Service Project Ideas for the month of January
- Printable Book List–The Kids in Service booklist is FREE and you can print it out or download it to your phone so that you can take it with you to the local bookstore or library. The list is updated monthly, and organized by category, with all of the book recommendations from the site.
Click HERE to download your FREE New Year’s Family Interview for 2020. This is a tradition we started years ago and keep all our past interviews in a folder to reflect upon each year. You can learn more about our New Year’s traditions HERE.
Chinese New Year begins January 25th!
This year is the Year of the Rat! Chinese New Year is a 15 day festival can be a great time for your family to learn about Chinese culture, the traditions associated with this festival and have a little bit of fun. Check out our post with information, some great books to share with your kids and fun activities and resources to help you celebrate this festival. Click on the picture above learn more.