Kids in Service was founded on the idea that you are never too young to serve your community. We believe that there are age appropriate service projects for each and every age group. There have been hundreds of children ages 0-18 in our local clubs, who have worked on projects that support our local community and the greater world.
Over the past few years, the Kids in Service site has become so much more than a website to share service project ideas. Character traits like gratitude, empathy, kindness and mindfulness must be taught explicitly to our children and we hope to provide you with ways to do this. We have taken each of these themes and have shared activities, lessons, book suggestions and service projects to help you teach and reinforce these themes in your home.
Kids in Service has a FREE monthly newsletter that will keep you up to date with our new content, our monthly themes and photos of what our local clubs are up to. You can click here to subscribe.
Meet our Founder
Hi, my name is Jessica and I am a homeschooling mama from New England. I have two creative children, a busy entrepreneur for a husband and I like to spend my free time reading, practicing yoga or kayaking.
When my kids were small, I wanted service learning to be a part of their education. It was my hope that they could learn first hand about all they had to be grateful for and how important it was to give back to the community. After an extensive search I found that it was almost impossible to find community service projects that welcomed children. That is when I got together with two friends, Claire McGarry and Pam Sarantis and we started our own community service club for kids.
This club has changed a bit over the years but running it has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. The Kids in Service site was created as a way to share all that we were doing in our club with a bigger audience. It is my hope that this site will inspire you to do your own service projects with your kids.
What will you find on the Kids in Service Site?
- Age appropriate service project ideas for kids
- Activities that teach children about kindness, gratitude, empathy, mindfulness and more
- Book recommendations to help build character and inspire rich discussion
- Seasonal projects, activities & book recommendations
- FREE DIY camps that you can do with your kids that center around KINDNESS and EMPATHY
- Kids in Service club meeting videos filled with books, theme lessons and service project Ideas
- Monthly themes that focus on rest, celebration, kindness and learning about others cultures and religions.