Welcome to Kids In Service!
Hi, my name is Jessica and I am a homeschooling mama from New England. I have two creative children, a busy entrepreneur for a husband and I like to spend my free time reading, practicing yoga or playing my ukulele.
About 5 years ago I was searching for age appropriate community service projects that we could do together as a family. I wanted my children to learn first hand, about all they had to be grateful for and how important it was to give back to the community. After extensive searching I found it was hard to find projects that welcomed children.
Four years ago I got together with two friends and we decided to start our own kids community service club. Running this club has been one of the most rewarding experiences for me. I love researching service projects, character building activities and finding quality picture books that reinforce all I am trying to teach my children and the children in my group.
This site was created to share all of my finds with a bigger audience. It is my hope that this site will inspire you to do your own service projects with your kids. It doesn’t have to take a lot of time or money to make an impact on your community.
What will you find on the Kids in Service Site?
- Age Appropriate Service Project Ideas For Kids
- Activities that Teach Children about Kindness & Gratitude
- Book Recommendations to help reinforce the themes of Kindness & Gratitude
- Stories of Incredible Kids and Families who are Making a Difference in their Communities
- Seasonal Projects, Activities & Stories
- Websites and Resources to Find Service Projects in Your Area
Thanks for visiting and Happy Serving!!